Meeting room policy
Policy for library meeting room usage
Section 5 – 7
Library Meeting Rooms
The Orange County Public Library welcomes use of its meeting facilities in keeping with its mission to “provide materials, services and technologies to help residents answer their questions”; to “provide materials and services to help adult patrons to continue to learn and grow throughout their lives” and to “provide adequate library facilities”. In light of our mission, the Library’s meeting rooms are designed to meet general educational, cultural and civic needs including such activities as discussions, lectures, storytimes, displays and films. The meeting rooms are open to all groups engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable or civic activities.
Meeting room reservations are handled by the individual locations. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis with library events having the primary priority. Reservations may not be made more than 1 year in advance. As the Library desires to accommodate as many groups as possible, recurring reservations may be denied to allow a fair rotation of access among a variety of groups.
The meeting rooms may not be used for purposes of profit and no admission fees may be charged. Solicitation, sales and/or distribution of product literature are prohibited except for by library support groups.
Use of the Library’s meeting rooms does not constitute the Library’s or the County of Orange’s endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants in any program.
The Library reserves the right to require liability insurance for activities.
Upon adequate notice and for appropriate reasons, the Library reserves the right to deny or revoke permission to use the meeting rooms.
Rules for use:
1) The room must be returned to its original condition at the conclusion of the program (e.g. – tables and chairs in the same positions, any audiovisual equipment put away, no trash or litter on the tables or floors).
2) No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed per County policy.
3) The Library will not assume responsibility for damage to materials or equipment used in the meeting room. That applies to materials and equipment owned by groups meeting in the room. Users are responsible for damage to library owned equipment and furnishings. Groups which damage library facilities or equipment may be denied future use of the meeting room.
4) Users must abide by the maximum number of occupants designated by the Fire Marshal for each room (55 at the Main Library, 35 at the Wilderness Branch and 36 at the Gordonsville Branch)
5) Library staff reserve the right to enter the meeting room at any time.
6) Users of the Main Library meeting room will need to obtain a key to have access to the adjacent restroom facilities.
7) A $50.00 deposit and advance key pick up is required to obtain a key for after hours access to the Wilderness Branch and Gordonsville meeting rooms.
8) Fees to cover the costs of instructional materials are allowed.
9) Groups are responsible for providing their own refreshments, office supplies (markers, flip charts, etc.)
10) All groups desiring to use the Library Meeting Room must fill out a “Meeting Room Use Request Form” and provide full contact information.
11) Per our “Library Programs” policy, meetings in the meeting room will be cancelled in case of a Library closing for inclement weather or other emergency.
12) All meetings must be conducted so as not to interfere with the operations of the Library and under the auspices of an organization that agrees to comply with the policies, rules and regulations of the Orange County Public
(Approved by the Library Board of Trustees 6/2005)
MEETING ROOM REQUEST FORM
LIBRARY MEETING ROOM USE APPLICATION FORM
Date(s) needed________________ Time: from __________ to __________
Name of Group_________________________________________________
Purpose of meeting______________________________________________
Contact person____________________________ Wk. Phone______________
Home phone_____________________ E-mail_________________________
Any special needs (e.g. VCR)? _____________________________________
I understand that our group is responsible for setting up the room and for leaving it in the same condition and configuration as it was before we used it. I have read the Library Meeting Room Use Policy and agree to abide by all of its conditions.
Representative’s signature___________________________________ Printed Name______________________________________________
Branch specific information:
The Main Library meeting room is available for booking through us from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. M-F and 9:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. on Saturdays. No bookings will be made for holidays or scheduled closings. Bookings outside those hours can be made through the Virginia Cooperative Extension Office (540) 672-1361.
The Main Library meeting room capacity is 55 persons.
AV equipment available is: TV, VCR, pull-down screen, overhead projector.
Wilderness Branch’s Warren Lodge Meeting Room is available for booking from 6:00 a.m. until 11 p.m. Monday through Saturday. No bookings will be made for holidays or scheduled closings. Use outside of the Library’s normal operating hours requires a $50 deposit in advance to obtain a key to enter the library. The normal operating hours are: 10:00 a.m.-7:30 p.m. M-T, 12:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. W, 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Th., Fri. and 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Sat.
The meeting room capacity is 35 people.
There are 4 tables and 36 chairs available.
AV equipment available is: TV, pull-down screen, wireless internet, projector (upon special request).
Gordonsville Branch’s Harry T. Peters Memorial Meeting Room is available for booking from 6:00 a.m. until 11 p.m. Monday through Saturday. No bookings will be made for holidays or scheduled closings. Use outside of the Library’s normal operating hours requires a $50 deposit in advance to obtain a key to enter the library. The normal operating hours are: 9:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m. T-W, 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Th., Fri. and 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Sat.
Meeting room capacity with tables and chairs is 36 people.
There are 5 folding tables and 24 chairs available.
AV equipment available is: pull-down screen, wireless Internet, TV and DVD player