Curbside service 10 am – 1 pm
We will be beginning curbside service of items previously requested on June 8th.
Monday 1 to 5
Tuesday 10 to 1
Wednesday 1 to 8:00 (Main)
1 to 7:30 (Wilderness and Gordonsville)
Thursday 10 to 1
Friday 1 to 5
Saturday 10 to 1
Three Ways to Request Items
- Online catalog at OCPLVA.org – starting on June 1st.
- By phone during curbside hours
- Drop off written request via bookdrop (72 hour delay)
- Be sure to place items on hold for the library location where you wish to pick them up.
- An email pickup message will be sent for each individual item placed on hold. Only then is the item ready for pickup
- You will receive a call or email once your available holds are ready for pickup.
- You will have 5 business days to pickup your curbside holds.
- Pull up and park in one of the numbered pickup spots and call the library.
- Staff will check out your items and place them outside on the pickup cart/table with the number that matches your parking spot.
- Library staff will not take returned items. Customers should return all items in a book drop.
Returned items are isolated for 72 hours before they are handled by staff.
Telephone Request Numbers:
Main: (540) 672-3811
Wilderness: (540) 854-5310
Gordonsville: (540) 832-0712
Fines and Fees During Curbside
In an effort to reduce contact, our staff will not be handling money during the curbside process.
If you have an outstanding balance, please phone us to discuss as we may be able to apply fine forgiveness.
All items returned will be checked in as if they had been returned March 11, 2020 which will prevent most fines from occurring.
If you have old charges from prior to March 2020 for lost items, you will need to return or pay for those items.
We will waive the cost of lost items through July 8th IF they are returned with a note identifying the account the charges need to be removed from.
Checks or money orders for payments may be mailed to:
Orange County Public Library, 146A Madison Rd., Orange, VA 22960 Attn: Dawn
Please do not place cash in the book drop returns – it may get lost or not credited to the correct account.